OFICIÁLNÍ STRÁNKY MĚSTA FRYŠTÁK

OFICIÁLNÍ STRÁNKY MĚSTA FRYŠTÁK | Město Fryšták

Město Fryšták





History of Fryšták

1241 - there was a horrible tornodo in a form of plundering Tartarian troops ( lead by Bajdar, who was the general of Džingischan´s grandson´s Batua ) . It run through Moravian Gate and the area of Fryšták towards to Hrozenkov defile. The Tatars destroyed Polish army near Lehnice and Hungarians in the battle on the river Slaná; pax mongolica of safety and peace then ruled from Czukotka to the Egypt border and from Vietnam to the Baltic sea.

1311 - according to Drabek and some other older historians the castle Lukov and its surroundings were owned by the knights of Temple Order.

1621 - as a consequence of the defeat of Czech estate at Bílá Hora on ( 8 November 1620 ) the Habsburks appointed Cardinal Ditrichštejn as an administrator of Moravia. The large recatholisation began. The towns were punished by contributions. The Valachians' reaction was rebellions ( led by knight Jan Adam from Víckov,Ladislav Velen from Žerotín, Jan Jiří Krnovský ). The Valachians occupied the castle Lukov. The whole east Moravia was under the fire. In January 1620 hundreds of children froze dead in the area of Fryšták and Holešov. The children were escaping from the plundering pejors from all over the Europe through fields and woods.

1651 - only in this year on the basis of Westphalian Treaty arrangement in 1648 the Swedish started to leave the country which they had occupied for 8 years. As the Swedish were not willing to leave, the Emperor had to pay them 200 000 thalers as a compensation. The consequences of the 30-years war were horrible for our countries and their population. Most of the towns were in ruins, many castles and manors and also hundreds of villages were burnt down ( only 1675 out of 30 000 inhanbitants of Olomouc survived ). According to datas concerning economics, polotics, population, geography and culture, the damages were bigger than those form the 1st and the 2nd world wars. During this terribble massacre soldiers and adventures of many nationalities ( e.g. Italian, Spanish, Swedish, Danish, German, French, Polish, Hungarians est. ) romped here. The names of the commanders of enemy troops or "allied armies" Maradas, Dampierre, Torstenson, Valdštejn,Caraffa, Buchheim, Montecuccoli or Mansfeld themselves were terrifying.

1801 - Kristian August - earl Seilern - Aspang ( 1717-1801 ) died. He was a supporter of enlighteners as e.g. Josef Sonnenfels. Earl Seilern worked as an Austrian embassador in Great Britain and a President of the Supreme Court in Viena ( his wife was a lady in waiting of Marie Terezie ).

1821 - MUDr. Jindřich Wankel ( 1821 - 1897 ) - grandfather of PhDr. Absolon was born. He worked as a castle doctor in Boskovice and Blansko, he ogten visited his relatives the Absolons in Fryšták. Dr. Wankel is often thought of as a father of Austrian prehistory. He was a great speleologist, paleontologist, natural historian, geologist, museologist, archeologist and ardent patriot, the founder of a museum in Olomouc (1883 ). He moved to Olomouc from Blansko with his son-in-law - a revivalist, collector and painter, prof. Jan Havelka. He was a great supporter of Fryšták. Havelka is an author of a theatre curtain for amater actors from Fryšták and he also used to spend whole holidays here. Thanks to the educated relatives the house of the Absolon family in the Fryšták square became a center where revivalist personalities as e.g. P. Ignác Wurm, the second wife of Bedřich Smetana - Bettyna Smetanová, JUDr. Welflík - one of the first Czech solicitors in Moravia, H. Hodan - supporter of amater theatre and others met.

1841 - destroying summer hailstorm with downpour followed by great fire almost erased flourishing town of Fryšták from the map of Moravia. Despire this our ancestors didn´t give up and built a new town, which creates the center of the town today. If they saw what has happened to it - as to traffic they would be shocked.

1861 - Josef August earl Seilern - Aspang ( 1793 - 1861 ) died. He studied with a famous Austria dramatist Franz Grillparzer. Franz Grillparzer spent sometime in Lešná in 1812 and 1813. Earl Seilern became a father of 7 sons and 4 daughters during his two marriages. He was interested in genealogy, he was good at occult science and he became a victime of various mystifications.

1866 - 136 years ago during the Prussian - Austrian war, in Fryšták there were headquarters of Austrian army led by L. Benedek, A. Windischgratz and archduke Leopold. 80 000 soldiers went through Fryšták. The Prussian headquarters were in Napajedla, the Saxons settled in the hills near Fryšták ( e.g. Skalka ). Another battle was very close to break out. The Fryštak doctor MUDr. Vilibald Absolon was taking care of a Prussian officer, they became friends and so he saved the little town from plundering and othe improprieties.

1901 - publisher Vilím offered painter Adolf Kašpar to illustrate Babička by Božena Němcová - a work highly appreciated by the nation. Painter Kašpar who spent some tine in Rusava where he built a beautiful cottage loved to wander also in the Fryštak area. He found this countryside beautiful and it was reflected in his large work let us mention the illustration of Rusava by Táborský, short stories by B. Němcová and books by A Jirásek Z. Winter, K. V. Rais, I. Hermann and other authors. Some works were inspired also by our surroudings - e.g. Pohorská vesnice.

1911 - Josef Earl Seilern made a journey to Špilberky and along the Norwegian coat. In 1912 he published a book about this experience in Brno. The copy was lent to ooour library by the Taible family.

1931 - Zlín council decided about building a dam in Fryšták valley. The building iniciated by the firm Baťa became not only a great economical act but also had a great influence on the beautiful look if the countryside. Moreover it became regulator for climate and ecology ( flooded area takes up 62 ha, the hight of dike is 13,5 m and its lenght is 200 m ). The dam was built in the years 1932 - 1938. Our ancestors had a great sense for the countryside. It can be seeen as the very opposite of the planned building of highway, which can destroy the countriside completely.. It will be a starting point of enviromental disharmony, decreasing of the standart of living, air, water and fertile soil pollotion.

1955 - the inhabitants of Fryšták took part in the first national Spartakiad in Prague. It was an event admired by the whole world. There were not only Fryštak gymnasts but also musicians led by bandmaster K. Matula. A famous Indian dancer Udaj Šankara was also a member of Fryštak brass band. He was a brother of well-known Indian musician Ravi Šankara. Ravi Šankara was a close friend of Mahatma Gandí Nehrů and other representative of Hinduism, Buddhism, Tantaism and Nathism.

1961 - a remarkable cave on the foot of Mt. Maggiore in the Italian Apuan Alps was discovered. It was named after the university professor Karel Absolon who spent a great deal of his early life at his parents in Fryšták and he loved comming back.

 


Oficiální stránky města Fyšták | History of Fryšták | zapnout grafiku | klasická verze  | mapa webu  | Code by PCHweb